1. Introduction to the website
This is the English website of the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Korea. In this website, you can search information on Korea's entire environmental issues as well as related news.
The main services provided by this site are:
· About Us
· Major Policies
· Law & Archive
2. Introduction to the services
a. About Us
You can see greetings and profiles of the Minister and Vice-Minister of Environment. You can also find the history, organizational structure and location of the Ministry Environment.
On the top of each category's page, you can see news, laws and resources concerned. Under these, you can see each policy at a glance from overview to history.
b. Major Policies
You can see Korea’s environmental policies of eleven categories – Climate Change, Air, Water, Soil and Groundwater, Natural Environment and Land, Waste, Environmental Health, Chemicals, Eco-friendly lifestyle and Industry, Environmental Information & Communication Technology ICT and International Cooperation. Each category shows the current status, policy overview and key issues of the field. Under these, you can see each policy at a glance from overview to history.
c. Law & Archive
The menu consists of environmental laws, statistics and white paper. You can search environment-related laws and statistics. In addition, you can download the ministry's Publication, white paper, ECOREA.
The menu consists of News, Photo News. You can read environment news, released by the Ministry in real time. Through the 'In Focus', you can understand what the main issues are.
The menu consists of E-Application and e-people, which are linked to e-government (http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/main_en.pt) and e-people (http://www.epeople.go.kr/jsp/user/on/eng/intro01.jsp) respectively.
3. Adjustment of Fonts
The website of the Ministry of Environment has been developed in such ways to allow users to directly adjust fonts, in compliance with web accessibility.
If letters are too small, please click View of browser > Text size > Larger.
To enlarge font size, please click View of browser > Text size > Smaller.
Shortcut key (Larger: Ctrl+ +, Smaller : Ctrl+ -, 100% : Ctrl+ 0)
4. Guidelines for the Visually Impaired
The website of the Ministry of Environment has cascading style sheets in compliance with web accessibility so that the visually impaired can also use it.
The website of the Ministry of Environment supports voice services for the visually impaired. To use the service, a separate screen reader program should be installed.
How to use the keyboard:
- To move to the next sentence, press Tab.
- To go back to the previous sentence, press Shift+Tab.
- To select a menu or item or download an attachment, press Enter.
- To go back to the previous page, press Backspace (<-).
- Click the following link when you want help in sing language.
5. Optimal Computer Environment to View the Website
To view more contents in one screen without scrolling, it is recommended to use Explorer 6.0+, Firefox 1.5+, Opera 7+, and a screen resolution of at least 1024×768 pixels.
6. Web accessbility policy
This site complies with both international and Korean standards to secure web access
- The website of the Ministry of Environment provides information on news, policies, statistics and laws, environment civil affairs administration service and information publishing service.
- Since bidding is managed entirely by the national e-procurement system, the indicator of 'Online bidding for public contracts is available' is not relevant for this website.
- It deals with registrations/permits for individuals and businesses, but the services are provided for free. Therefore, the indicators such as 'Online payment by card available' and 'Online payment' are not applicable to this website.
- Since it neither requires membership subscription nor collects personal information, the indicators such as 'Secure link indicated' and 'Electronic signature indicated' are not relevant for this website.
8. ME Website Security Policy
- me.go.kr is the Ministry of Environment website.
- ME's website may use "cookies". A cookie is a small data file that we send your browser to store and track information about you when you visit our website. Cookies are used to track information, such as the number of users, their frequency of use and their preferred sites.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information.
- To protect your personal information, all electronic storage and transmission of personal information is secured with appropriate security technologies.
- To prevent your personal information from being hacked, you should install security software on your personal computer according to the following instructions.
For more information, please contact us :
Public Relations Team (email@example.com)
Last modified : 2017-12-12 08:38
Survey of visitors' satisfaction
We would like to know how satisfied you are with our website in an attempt to provide more improved service. Please rate how satisfied you are with our website.